Young Sheldon: Passion’s Harvest and a Sheldocracy

 

Young Sheldon: Passion’s Harvest and a Sheldocracy

 

 

Young Sheldon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Sheldon

 

Passion’s Harvest and a Sheldocracy (Season Six, Episode Three)

https://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?t=88513

 

 

Sheldon and Dr. Sturgis

 

Ethically, can science ever go too far?

 

Just because we can do something,

 

does that mean we should do something?

 

Yes.

 

I haven't finished.

 

- I'm sorry, go on.

- Ethically,

 

should science have any limitations?

 

No.

 

Interesting.

 

What about human cloning?

 

More of me? Yes, please.

 

Well, what about more of everyone else?

 

No, thank you.

 

What about, uh, dinosaurs?

 

Herbivores, yes. Carnivores, no.

 

Well, what about the herbivores

who can squash you like a bug?

 

Good point. No dinosaurs.

 

- So, cloning is unethical?

- Right.

 

But what if we were to

clone Albert Einstein?

 

That would be swell.

 

At some point, I'm

going to need a sidekick.

 

So, cloning is ethical?

 

Right, because Albert

Einstein, unlike the dinosaur,

 

harmed no one.

 

I think the victims of the atomic b*mb,

 

which his discoveries helped

create, might disagree.

 

So, what's the right answer?

 

That's why we're here, to find that out.

 

Why don't you just tell us?

 

- Why don't you?

- I asked you first.

 

You're it, no backsies.

 

(laughs)

 

 

Sheldon and Dr. Sturgis

 

- Sheldon?

- Dr. Sturgis.

 

I don't think I can do the assignment.

 

Why not?

 

Just pick either side

of any ethical argument

and present it.

 

But how do I know which

argument to present?

 

Any one you want.

 

And how do I know which side to take?

 

Any side you want.

 

But I want to take the right side.

 

Maybe there is no right side.

 

(groans) This is t*rture,

and that can't be ethical.

 

There you go! You picked a subject.

 

And a side.

 

Oh. Good. t*rture is unethical.

 

That's clearly the correct position.

 

I agree.

 

But what if there's a b*mb

 

hidden underneath the city

 

and someone says that the only

way to find out its location

 

is through t*rture?

 

Answer that.

 

Let's see.

 

Batman plays by Gotham City rules

 

and would use t*rture,

but Superman's got

 

those Midwest values.

 

I hate ethics!

 

 

Sheldon with George and Missy

 

Can you two help me with my homework?

 

Did I hear him right?

 

Yeah, he asked for help.

 

- With his schoolwork?

- Yep.

 

- How long have you known him?

- All my life.

 

- Has he ever asked for help?

- No.

 

- Hello.

- Hang on.

 

Is this some kind of prank?

 

It's not a prank. I just

need help with my homework.

 

- Did a bully take it from you?

- No.

 

Is it real heavy? You

need help lifting it?

 

No, I need your opinion

on an ethical dilemma.

 

Should robots have the

same rights as humans?

 

That depends.

 

What's "ethical" mean?

 

(cow moos on TV)

 

 

Sheldon with Mandy, Missy, and Georgie

 

Good morning, everyone.

 

Niblingo.

 

I'm sorry, what?

 

It's an honorific I came up with to

 

describe a woman who's carrying

my future niece or nephew

 

but is not related to me by law.

 

You remember Sheldon.

 

I do.

 

Yeah.

 

I'm glad you're here.

 

I have a question about robot ethics

 

I was hoping you could help me with.

 

Sheldon, leave her alone.

 

No, it's okay, he can ask me a question.

 

I'm his, uh... What am I?

 

- Niblingo.

- Niblingo. What's your question?

 

Ethically, should a robot

be programmed to never k*ll,

 

even if k*lling would save lives?

 

Where's the dang toaster?

 

Welcome to breakfast at our house.

 

 

Sheldon’s ‘Sheldocracy’ Presentation

 

I started working

 

on this presentation

 

to address specific ethical dilemmas.

 

The laws of robotics,

 

whether t*rture can be justified,

 

and cloning people for

fun and spare parts.

 

But I realized before resolving

 

any of these moral quandaries,

the real decision is

 

who gets to decide.

 

Do we put it up for a vote?

 

Does everyone get to

decide for themselves?

 

Should it be by committee?

 

Is that committee elected or appointed?

 

You see where I'm going?

You probably don't.

 

For the smartest decision,

 

we need the smartest person.

 

Ladies and gentlemen, in the

field of scientific ethics,

 

we can't rely on

 

democracy or plutocracy.

 

We need an autocracy,

 

or to be more precise, a "Sheldocracy."

 

♪ ♪

 

Um, I don't think this

was the assignment.

 

Sorry, Dr. Sturgis, I

pick the assignments now.

 

Everybody, for next class,

 

I want words on what you can do

 

to further the Sheldocracy.

 

Punishment for typos will be severe.

 

Class dismissed.

 

Hey, that's my line.

 

No, it isn't.

 

Why don't you see me after class.

 

Class dismissed.

 

♪ ♪